View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Combined Weight Poll 

Featured Classes Combined Minumum Weight
I am FOR a combined weight minimum for all classes 42%  42%  [ 15 ]
Combined weight minimum for the Pro and Duner Class ONLY. 58%  58%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 36

Combined Weight Poll 
SITE ADMIN

You guys are way off base with your 430 lb. base weight. Think about it. What is the lightest a guy could get his bike down to? I have heard 230 lbs. What is the average US male weigh? 180 lbs. 230 + 180 = 410. We do not want to eliminate anyone from competing. This is NOT a owner class. This is a regulated weight class for ALL competitors. If you fill you weigh to much for this class, then the Sumo class is for you. Remember, it is a combined MINIMUM weight.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:03 am

You guys are way off base with your 430 lb. base weight. Think about it. What is the lightest a guy could get his bike down to? I have heard 230 lbs. What is the average US male weigh? 180 lbs. 230 + 180 = 410. We do not want to eliminate anyone from competing. This is NOT a owner class. This is a regulated weight class for ALL competitors. If you fill you weigh to much for this class, then the Sumo class is for you. Remember, it is a combined MINIMUM weight.

Tom, thats not what Im getting at..

I believe that it is a waste of time to make a 410 lb minimum class..

How is that making it more competitive for anyone?

that limit keeps me out only by 5 lbs, and the boys out by 15 lbs..

whats the difference of 15 lbs?? What happens when a big guy wins that class but doesnt race the modified class? He tells everyone he could have beat the modified winner too..

it just doesnt seem like 410 lb is enough spread for the bigger guys.. Im sorry..

at 430 lbs, you knock out the lightest bikes and lightest riders.. period.. No complaints from the bigger contestants..

I just dont want to see an extra class where everything is the same as modified, except the boys arent racing.. thats dumb.. the boys have pretty heavy bikes.. anyone can compete if they get alittle more creative with weight savings..

Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:40 am
SITE ADMIN

The boys will have to add 30 - 40 llbs. to compete in this class if we put it in to effect. There bikes are down in the 230s and 240s on the honda. Once again, this class is not for a specific weight person. If that was the case we would need a class for every 20 lbs. If you read all of my post you will see where I elected to place a min. weight on the Builders class. Why? It already was designed as a shop build off class with a spec fuel requirement and now a min combined weight. That does not mean everyone will be at 410lbs. It means you build as close to that without going under. Like it or not there will be variances. No backpacks or balast will be allowed in any classes.

Last edited by Quadracers on Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:55 am

This is incorrect becuase, riders that weigh 200-224 cant compete in any drag class and be competitive and are too light for Sumo since you stated before that back packs wouldnt be allowed in the Sumo Class. Plus The Sumo class is not even competetive. Its just a few bigger guys that hop on a drag bike that has already raced or big guys on near stock bikes.

We need a class to fill this gap. Whether it be changing builders or adding an owners class. I think it will draw more bikes to all classes becuase the big guy can ride his own bike in the owners class and let a jocky ride in builders or modified to see how his bike really compares.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:02 pm
SITE ADMIN

Tell you what since you think that 20 lbs. will cause you to loose, I will race one of the boys bikes next race and watch what happens. We have done alot of testing an additional 40 - 50 lbs. can be added with the same results.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:06 pm

There are already plenty of classes for light riders and jockeys to compete in. Most quads are competing in mutilpe classes. If your already thinking about at weight limit what is the big deal with adding 20lbs. to it to draw more racers. Btizzle and your boys are already going to have to ad weight some how if they want to compete. what is another 20lbs. if they choose to compete in this class. Not every one has to be able to compete in every class like they have been doing, spread the love to the bigger guys and let us have some fun too.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:10 pm
SITE ADMIN

When I ride the YFZs they come out of the hole harder and accelerate faster, and sometimes, but not always only loose 1/2 mph. Most of the time they are the same mph as with the boys.

Last edited by Quadracers on Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:10 pm
SITE ADMIN

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:12 pm
SITE ADMIN

Joe you want a class specifically for your weight. I have given you the reasons behind it and your still not happy. Don't worry the boys will not be competing in it.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:13 pm

Tell you what since you think that 20 lbs. will cause you to loose, I will race one of the boys bikes next race and watch what happens. We have done alot of testing an additional 40 - 50 lbs. can be added with the same results.

I have to disagree with you on that one. 40-50 lbs. is a huge difference. Especialy on a 60-70 hp moter w, 40-50ftlbs. is worth about 2 bike lenghts. With everything else being equal.

It is just a suggestion, it you dont agree that is fine. I will stay in the duner class with my wannabe drag bike.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:15 pm
SITE ADMIN

I been doing this along time and it is not as big of a factor as one would think. I would be happy to educate you on that misconception that everyone uses as a excuse. Your welcome to talk to the boys about this since you think I'm lying. I beat them with their own bikes.

Last edited by Quadracers on Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:19 pm
SITE ADMIN

Now as bikes get heavier, weight becomes more of a factor. On my 690 raptor that weighs 425 lbs. the boys are worth 2 mph. On the lighter bikes it does not come into play with the torque these bikes are making.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:25 pm

I wasnt trying to be a jerk, I hope it didnt come across that way. I also didnt call you a lier, I just said I disagreed. I know you have been doing this along time and respect that. I have just been told many times times by many builders that the weight thing does make a big difference. I guess you really do learn something new everyday. :lol:

No further education is need, thanks anyways. :lol: I personaly think the current format is great. I am fine staying in the duner class as long it doesnt change.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:06 pm

Now as bikes get heavier, weight becomes more of a factor. On my 690 raptor that weighs 425 lbs. the boys are worth 2 mph. On the lighter bikes it does not come into play with the torque these bikes are making.

Tom,

I agree with you on the static vs. rider weight theory..

Looks like me and you are racing next race!! Your mine!! ha ha!

I just believe that 410 lbs is too low.. Im sorry, but it needs to be more to seperate it from the rest.. The fastest bikes/riders on the hill are too close to that number..

Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:17 pm
SITE ADMIN

Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next