View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Combined Weight Poll 

Featured Classes Combined Minumum Weight
I am FOR a combined weight minimum for all classes 42%  42%  [ 15 ]
Combined weight minimum for the Pro and Duner Class ONLY. 58%  58%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 36

Combined Weight Poll 
SITE ADMIN

Let's get your opinions on minumum combined weights. Are you for the weight restriction for ALL classes, or only for the new Pro and Duners class?

Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:38 am

I voted for the pro and duners only... I see it like this... let's pretend I mop up at FSWs... would I really feel as proud knowing the other racers could have been faster if it wasn't for the rules?

Sucks because I know there are people like me with very limited money. But I would rather lose to the fastest bike, rather than win to a bike that could have been faster.

Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:51 pm

That's the best explanation I've heard Eric. It is about the fastest bike in the class and the hill.

Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:29 pm

In just about every style of racing you have a miniumun wight rule. I'am only talking now about two bikes, the 700 raptor and the 650 ds, I own both. the ds wieghs in at 490 lbs and the 700raptor weighs in at 423 thats 67 pound diference [ stated wieght in the shop manuels]. Ther is no fair way to make them wiegh the same. just tuff luck.
Now the ds wieghs 490 you alow a 30 % weight reduction [147 lbs] for a bike weight of 343 lbs
Now the 700 weighs 423 you alow a 30% weight reduction [127 lbs] for a bike weight of 296 lbs
now you got less than 50 pounds differance
The kawi 700 should fall in close with the above numbers
Now all we need is a weight for the jockey

This is just an idea, if its no good disregaurd ,if it might work refine it

Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:51 pm

I got mine stripped down best I could without cutting the frame and stuff. Without the blower and all the little doo dads that make it work it would be about 500lbs with fuel.. LOL With the blower it's 538.

I've heard of KFX bikes getting into the 400lbs but I've never seen one.

Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:19 pm

What if a guy that meets the min weight requirement wins the regular modified and the "min weight" modified? I think if you want any min. weight limits it should be across the board.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:11 pm
SITE ADMIN

We would call it the PRO Builders Class. The builders class was originally organized for the different shops to show case their motors with everyone running the same fuel which has been C12, this class would be the obvious choice to test a weight limit with since it would put even more emphasis on motor and set-up. This will level the field even more so in my opinion and clarify if it is worth doing it across the board .

Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:27 pm

I voted for the pro and duners only... I see it like this... let's pretend I mop up at FSWs... would I really feel as proud knowing the other racers could have been faster if it wasn't for the rules?

Sucks because I know there are people like me with very limited money. But I would rather lose to the fastest bike, rather than win to a bike that could have been faster.

well said. :mrgreen:

Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Im going to have to say no weight limitations on any of the classes EXCEPT the Pro and Duners..

however, the min. weight for the Pro class is too low..

This class was created for the bigger people who are upset that they have to race against lighter, smaller jockies (me, michael, matthew, mark, etc..)

but at 410 lbs, me or the boys could race just by adding a few lbs to our bikes.. All of us small guys are within 15 lbs or so of that minimum..

Make it 430 lbs so everyone will be happy..

And of course Im only speaking of the 650 and under class.. I have no experience in the larger classes..

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:04 pm
SITE ADMIN

The Builders class is for everyone. We want you to be able to compete Btizzle. The weight limit will level the playing field. Matthew, Michael and Mark would have to add weight to compete. This class is not just for 180lb. riders.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:11 pm

The Builders class is for everyone. We want you to be able to compete Btizzle. The weight limit will level the playing field. Matthew, Michael and Mark would have to add weight to compete. This class is not just for 180lb. riders.

Wait, are we talking the builders class or the pro class here?

the 410 lbs minimum is too low.. Why make a minimum at all if it is that low?

All Im saying is Im 5 lbs from the 410 lbs limit, and I am one of the lightest bike/rider combos out there.. If we are going to level the playing field, I think we should bump it up alittle more..

Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:25 am

On another note, Im going to be alittle negative here and say what Im thinking..

All of a sudden we are having alot of people commenting on the weight limits, jockies, light riders, etc..

Do we plan to change alot of the format of the series because of this?

What about all of the people who have already built their bikes, or have been building there bikes for this coming season?

Im sorry, but I dont think it is fair to cater to the average joe, and change everything around, especially if the joe plans on only racing at 1 of the 6 races this year.

What about all of us that make it to every race?

Again, I dont want to be negative. And more than anything I want this sport to grow. I take it very seriously, as do alot of others..

I just dont want to see any pissed off regulars cuz of the new guys that think they dont have a chance because of their weight, when they havent even raced yet..

Sorry Tom, I just dont want to see this get out of hand.. Lots of guys are already bitching about all of this on the other sites..

Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:36 am

I couldnt agree more on your number, I think 430 is about perfect. The only complaint I would make against the people complaining AGAINST the combined weights it that in all reality there are only about 4 or 5 bikes total that I can think of currently competeing that may be abit under considering the weight of the guy riding them. Compared to the amount of people that are not racing because they "cant compete with the weight" it kind of seems like a no brainer that the heavier package is the rule not the exception and maybe thats who we should be catering to for increased turnout.

On the other hand as I spoke with a few customers last night on the phone about all of this I realized that this topic is posted on pretty much every major forum for the entire world to come over and be heard yet all these folks that complain there is no place for them seem to still be silent on the subject.

At this point maybe we just leave well enough alone and keep things as is or maybe just add the one pro class per cc group. I would also voice my opinion for the breakdown of 650-800, 800+. As a few more of the 800+ bikes get finished and setup well the 660's and smaller 700's will be throwing money away imo.

I would like to see btizzle, shadowman, KBR, hansen, sparks, etc and acouple of the dasa boys voice there thoughts on if the 650 under class needs to be split as well.

Mark

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:00 am
Profile WWW

I dont believe the 650 and under modified class needs to be split up by cc's..

it will just be a waste of time to race another class..

the differences in performance when comparing the 450 big bores are too minimal..

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:35 am

I suggested the same thing awhile ago in a diff thread. The truth is that almost every bike that competes in the builders also competes in the modified class and some even the stockbore class. Which mean that the light guys get to compete in 2-3 different pro classes while the 200lb. + guys are left to Duner and sumo.

I would love to build a drag bike and compete with the big boys, but weighing 210lbs. I will never be competitive. That is why I have to race the duner class and listen to people complain about me using light weight parts to get down to weight.

I think We should keep the current format and just ad an owners class that has a 430lb. limit. This will allow alot of the light weight duners to step up and leave the duner class more for beginners.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next