View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 2009 FSA Series Classes 

To be honest here, I think everyone is just a little afraid what people might do if they have the chance to enter the Koth race as there only event. One off racing vs. Series Championship racing.

As they should be. We have been very succesfull with bikes that could easily go the entire series, I would love the chance to debut a "time bomb" bike! The problem is that type of mentallity caters to much towards the shops that can maintain such bikes. The turbo nitrous bikes as you say: you have them, we have them, k&t has them, kms has them, holeshot has them, Racers edge has them. You should know first hand the work required to make them do what they do and you should be rewarded for that with the KOTH.

Bottom line IMO is attendance and I think anyone "one hit wonder" or not that thinks he has a chance to witn KOTH is probably racing the series anyways.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:21 am
Profile WWW

Mixed emotions on this one...
I definetly feel that you should have to "qualify" for KOTH and how you qualify is to win your class.
But being a shop owner as well (this is where I think Jason and my perspectives are similar) I would like to make more oppertunities for my customers to race.
That being said, the only way I see it being even sort of fair is of you still take small and big bore winners and they are automatically in the finals of the KOTH. Maybe you let everyone buy back in if they want, race them all off to one bike (maybe 2: small and big bore???) and let them race the class winners?
Thinking out loud.

Knowing how expensive these engines at the "KOTH" level are, I think it's BS that the "feature class" winners should have to rerace the bikes that wouldn't or couldn't beat the "class" winners. If you want to have a "consolation" KOTH race...have everyone put in money and winner take all minus a FSA race "handling" charge. I'll bet ya that the same bike wins both :!: KOTH has been pretty much the same since "Fourstroke Wars" once a year in Glamis. Changing a "Tradition" to suit a few is rediclous to me. The only change I'd like to see is all the "Feature class" winners race together for KOTH like it was with "Fourstroke Wars" and FSCS. If your customers want to race more they need multiple bikes.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:24 am

I'm excited if everyone with big bike like Mark mentioned is going to race. Can't wait too see everyone. I had no idea Racers Edge was bringing a turbo bike and I thought Jerry was just going to sandfest to relax. This should great seeing everyone show up.. Good to hear.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:45 pm
Profile WWW

you will probably be the only one at sandfest with a turbo 700 but I know of 9 including yours currently under construction for the 09 season.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:13 pm
Profile WWW

That is sad, I was hoping for a better turn out.. 09 will be fun.

Crap this means that the 650 Poweradder Class will be the race to watch next year, Koth will be the side show with just one of the turbo big blocks racing.:( Ok Ok, I'll stop now ;)

Can't wait to see all these stock frame rappy's with crazy hp try and hook up or keep the front end down. The chassis will be the equalizer. or rider. or both

Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:35 pm
Profile WWW

Crap this means that the 650 Poweradder Class will be the race to watch next year, Koth will be the side show with just one of the turbo big blocks racing. Ok Ok, I'll stop now ;)

Dont forget about the 220lbs turbo yfz and Fuel customs blown yfz. I would take the power to weight ratio on Bruce's turbo yfz over ANY turbo raptor at this point!

Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:09 pm
Profile WWW

You keep a turbo YFZ together or a blown one than you have really accomplished something. It will be fast but I wonder for how long.

My guess would be a low comp Yfz would put out at most 65 hp and turbo at 15-20lbs of boost. would make around 90hp. With nos maybe 120hp. I like the idea. I think we might have to make one of these too. I'm going to bust out my YFZ motor again. or maybe KTM.

The sport is getting fun now $$$$$$$$$

Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:42 am
Profile WWW

Why not have an “OPEN RUN” at the end of the classes? So if someone wants to redeem themselves or change/fix something on their build. $20 buy in and you race till you lose. This could end of the B/S at the end of the races. If my bike was set up this way… if this… if that!!! Also would allow the people that have drove the 1000 miles to race more. If Tom would want to split the buy in 70/30 at the end of it for his time it would be up to him. Just throwing it out there!

Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:43 am

I like that idea but they don't get the title of king of the hill.Jason the yfz thing is a perfect example of the king of the hill. It will make some passes but can it last all day. So the guys with the ragged edge build could lose first round in power adder and save his motor for king of the hill. While all the rest of us had ran are bikes all day.Shotcaller would be a prime example not that he would do this but he could run his yfz first round and lose pay another entry fee and come beat who ever that had to make sure theres lasted through the race.I agree on more particpation but not at the cost of the koth title. Hopefully there will be more that run what they can afford to just like nhra. I will be running the moddified class all year.If i should get lucky and win chances of my moddified winning king of the hill are slim with all the new nitrous and turbo builds. To me being moddified 650and over sereis champ is better than one king of the hill.Yes i'am probably the minority on this but it takes a lot more of a builder to run great all year than just one race.Sorry for rambling just my .02

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:33 am

Like I said Bruce, at most the only way its even close to fair is if the Class winners get to go straight to the final. And like I said I was thinking out loud.
the more and more I think about it, its not right, if thats the way it was, I would lean on it a bit more and not enter the feature classes.
There are many of us on here that can build them with enough power to blow up, thats the easy part. You got to keep them together all day. We know this first hand. We won KOTH in a race where there were faster bikes (K&T's Turbos) but they blew up before the race was over.

Maybe we should have a "Gambler" race after the event is done with the official KOTH? Its $50 to enter, winner takes all. Then a guy can claim Gambler title and take the money and run.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:42 am
Profile WWW
SITE ADMIN

I agree with Kam. If participants can compete for KOTH by entering directly into that class there would be no need for the power adders class.
I am open to the idea of having a "Gamblers" class or what ever name we come up with, but it needs to be separate from the KOTH race.

Bruce, had mentioned having all the featured class winners run together for KOTH instead of qualifing through Small/Big Bore champion. How about giving the natural aspirated motors a title to shoot for being the Small/Big Bore Champion and advance the power adder class winners directly to KOTH. The Small/Big Bore champion winners would advance to the KOTH and would face off with the Small/Big Bore power adder class winners for the overall title(4 bikes). This would allow the gas/methanol bikes a chance to walk away with a title. As it is now, the power adder bikes will receive their class trophy, Small/Big Bore trophy, and KOTH trophy. This would eliminate the power adder bikes from the Small/Big Bore Champion race. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Quadracers on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:35 am
SITE ADMIN

I will be running the moddified class all year.If i should get lucky and win chances of my moddified winning king of the hill are slim with all the new nitrous and turbo builds. To me being moddified 650and over sereis champ is better than one king of the hill.Yes i'am probably the minority on this but it takes a lot more of a builder to run great all year than just one race.Sorry for rambling just my .02

I agree with you Roy.

Sporting the Series Champion title and the #1 plate all year is definately an accomplishment and a honor above and beyond KOTH.

This is why the #1 plate was not allowed to be issued in 2008. Each series class champion will sport the #1 plate in 2009 with a small letter next to it identifing the class.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:47 am

I like your idea. but I think we should call it the "DASH FOR CASH" This gives everyone one more chance to race without changing Koth. I like it.

Tom, Like this idea of a normally asperated GAS champion small/big bore Gas Champion with spec vp 112. And then to keep with the featured class setup we should have the Modified small/big bore champion, and then small/big bore Poweradder champion. The winners of each championship complete for Koth. Now everyone would get to race everyone. This should go really fast too. given it would only be 6 guys and 3 for koth.

Last edited by Team Rocket Factory on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:32 am
Profile WWW

I agree with Kam. If participants can compete for KOTH by entering directly into that class there would be no need for the power adders class.
I am open to the idea of having a "Gamblers" class or what ever name we come up with, but it needs to be separate from the KOTH race.

Bruce, had mentioned having all the featured class winners run together for KOTH instead of qualifing through Small/Big Bore champion. How about giving the natural aspirated motors a title to shoot for being the Small/Big Bore Champion and advance the power adder class winners directly to KOTH. The Small/Big Bore champion winners would advance to the KOTH and would face off with the Small/Big Bore power adder class winners for the overall title(4 bikes). This would allow the gas/methanol bikes a chance to walk away with a title. As it is now, the power adder bikes will receive their class trophy, Small/Big Bore trophy, and KOTH trophy. This would eliminate the power adder bikes from the Small/Big Bore Champion race. What are your thoughts?

I do think you need to "earn" entry to the KOTH. It should be n/a small bore champ, n/a big bore champ, small bore "power adder" and big bore "power adder". That would be 4 bikes in the KOTH. Remember this is about the fastest oem framed bike that competed in it's desiginated class... Not the one that set out the "real" racing to compete for the KOTH.

Last edited by shotcaller on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:53 am

You keep a turbo YFZ together or a blown one than you have really accomplished something. It will be fast but I wonder for how long.

My guess would be a low comp Yfz would put out at most 65 hp and turbo at 15-20lbs of boost. would make around 90hp. With nos maybe 120hp. I like the idea. I think we might have to make one of these too. I'm going to bust out my YFZ motor again. or maybe KTM.

The sport is getting fun now $$$$$$$$$

A stock bore Tyson turbo YFZ makes 105+ off the spray. I think 110 to 115h.p. without the spray is going to be about right for a big bore / stroker. A super light 115h.p. YFZ would be hard to beat. More reason to seperate N/A and "Power adder" bikes.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next