View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 2009 Class, 180-190 pound pro class, Owner class. 

Correct me if Im wrong, but I think the 2 Duner Class deal is a mute point now, I believe I saw a post where Tom said it was a waste.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:19 pm
SITE ADMIN

I believe that having two classes with open motors for the duners does not make any since. If we want to entice new comers it needs to be more of a entry level or not do an additional class at all. The combined weight limit in the existing duners class levels the playing field regardless of what chassis mods you have. This class alone may be enough to be considered a entry level. Maybe not. I think Oregon may give us the answers, apparently they have a huge walk up crowd.
We may be better off just doing a class break in the modified class to attract the by-standers which seem to be modified motors in the 470 to 500 cc range.
Nothing has been decided or changed from the current format. I will give it some time for us to work our way through it and make the right decisions if we do make changes.
Alot of excellent ideas have been expressed and I appreciate everyones thoughts.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:54 pm

I believe that having two classes with open motors for the duners does not make any since. If we want to entice new comers it needs to be more of a entry level or not do an additional class at all. The combined weight limit in the existing duners class levels the playing field regardless of what chassis mods you have. This class alone may be enough to be considered a entry level. Maybe not. I think Oregon may give us the answers, apparently they have a huge walk up crowd.
We may be better off just doing a class break in the modified class to attract the by-standers which seem to be modified motors in the 470 to 500 cc range.
Nothing has been decided or changed from the current format. I will give it some time for us to work our way through it and make the right decisions if we do make changes.
Alot of excellent ideas have been expressed and I appreciate everyones thoughts.

I would say most of the quads entered into the duner class are not as you say "entry level" and that's a fact. You do have the guys that may have a swingarm and some motor mods but you also have the guys who are running basically a modified class bike with front breaks and enough added weight to reach right at the minimum weight. Why should the guy just starting out in the "entry level", have to race a guy with a shop sponsored big bore with thousands of dollars thrown at the motor? doesn't seem fair to me. Until you make the "entry level" or duner class enticing to those of us with ACTUAL duner quads, I think you'll lose out on a lot of new racers.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:20 pm

my feeling is entry level and duner are 2 different things.
bottom line is if you want a limit then make a class with spending limits.(entry level)
even so there are always guys that are going to through a pile of money at these things and those are allways going to be winners.

drag racing unfortunately is a money driven sport more so than rider's talent. not taking anything away from the jockey's with that being said.

Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9