View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Race 1 2009 series KBR report 

Just got back from the longest hardest 10 days of work/racing/vacation I have ever been on in my life.
I have not had a chance to hear any gossip, trash talking, or kudos from the races. I was having a hard time finding much onthe races so I figured people went berserk and lots of stuff got deleted..lol
I wanted to throw our take on the races and hand out some thanks.
First of all thanks to the Sasseli family. Best bunch in the business period.
Without the money and time they have volunteered we would have nothing.
Thanks Tom, Melanie, and kids.
We try to help as much as we can, but we know its not even a drop in the bucket.
Trash was picked up Sunday morn, it was not bad at all.
I wanted to say thanks to the Hansen Performance guys, our best friends in this business. Without their help and support we would not be able to do what we do. Thanks guys! Brindley your stuff is bad A**. You at 225 riding that Raptor and your Honda was impressive! Keep it up!
Big thanks to Jace and Jake at Vent Racing Technologies. Our partners in crime. Thanks guys we will do better next time, I promise!
John at Venom, your stuff is still fast, and next race we will do our part better and bring home more awards for you.
And finally thanks to Roy, Jeff, The Thomas Family, and the rest of the guys who donated their entire race day saturday to help us run the race. It was hard and hot and we, as always, got grief for doing volunteer work, but we love it right! lol I'd like to sit ont he sidelines and watch and actually change something on a bike one day too! lol

So our story was...
We brought the KTM with big hopes, but had electrical problems with the carb and the TPS. Its a Austrian nightmare. We figured it out in Laughlin after we left and all I can say is look out Racers Edge...lol..( I hope :) )
Backfired the nitrous and exploded the carb and without the electrical tricks we taught ourelves in Laughlin we could not run it with another carb. We ran our duner pump gas 501 YFZ, but its just not fast enough for the big race days. It has stock cams, stock valves, and pump gas and its just not enough 4 days of the year, the rest of the year its the best duner around in my opinion. Big high compression big valves and big cams make too much power to beat. It was abotu 4th fastest probably.
We had out customers TRX there and it ran good, nitrous set up was ok in all motor, it was running with most everyone but the RE bike, not bad for the worng gears for the set up. It was fast ont he spray and had the first race of KOTH half way...lol It popped with fire coming out the head gasket.
It was done, went lean and burned up.
We left straight from there to Laughlin for the Planet Sand west coast shootout 300' flat drag race. It was fun, but we had just abotu as good of luck there.
We will be back and ready to go fast again next race. We built 3 bikes from scratch in a month for these races and it was a bad idea.
Congrats to Racers Edge, you guys were on your a game and it showed.
Keep up the good work.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
SITE ADMIN

How did the four strokes do at the Planet sand race? Any there?

Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:02 pm
SITE ADMIN

Kam, thanks for checking the hill for trash.

Brindleys TRX is bad, when it ran I was thinking where is Kade when you need him. That bike hung right with the other bikes that had 130 lb. riders on them.

The KBR nitrous bike was no doubt the fastest on the hill on race day, it is a shame it blew a head gasket.

Still waiting to see the KTM run, I'm sure it will be a contender.

Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:42 am

The KTM blew the filter off right in front of us and scared the crap out of me. I wasn't paying attention and just about shat myself. :mrgreen:

That was too bad. It's a beauty but not being able to see it run was disappointing.

I had a great time watching and racing with you guys. I hope to do it again.

Thanks for a great event!

Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]