View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 few ideas to get the race excitement going 

With the split of SUMO class, (a class which seems to invite many new contestants on a regular basis)...Id like to see a SUMO KOTH..... winner of 650 under vs winner of 650 over for title of sumo class KOTH...

another idea is to give a free entry to class winners for the SPORTSMAN series classes to run again the next race... to get more consistent involvement in these classes

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:19 pm

an announcer would really liven it up as well and get more spectators involved and watching... as it sits right now people passing by have little knowledge of what is really going on, when and WHO...

a Display board at the entry gate with information regarding the series and days layout of events would spark some interest as well//// flyers with class rules/restrictions, knowledge is king for further spectators....

i know its all additional cost and work, just some ideas... if you decide to run with something im all for helping out

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:25 pm

Good ideas for sure, cuz even though I know most of the racers I still cant tell who everyone is when the videos come out....

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:10 pm

One other thing that would be cool would be a sportsman king of the hill instead of a sumo King of the hill. Every winner from the sportmen class line up and race for SPORTMAN KOTH.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:46 pm
SITE ADMIN

There will only be one KOTH of the event, which is the ultimate goal for everyone participating.

KOTH is reserved for the fastest OEM machine of the event.

Last edited by Quadracers on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:05 pm
SITE ADMIN

an announcer would really liven it up as well and get more spectators involved and watching... as it sits right now people passing by have little knowledge of what is really going on, when and WHO...

a Display board at the entry gate with information regarding the series and days layout of events would spark some interest as well//// flyers with class rules/restrictions, knowledge is king for further spectators....

i know its all additional cost and work, just some ideas... if you decide to run with something im all for helping out

We have attempted to secure an announcer at past events with no luck in getting anyone to travel out into the dunes from the inner cities. If anyone knows a DJ willing to announce an event, please get in contact with us.

FSA had a display board at the last Glamis event in March, did anyone notice it? We will continue with it this season as well. We are not allowed any paper flyers in the dunes, due to the litering issue. One piece of trash not picked up tied to FSA and we will not be allowed future events. There has always been several sets of printed rules/classes in the FSA trailer for review, which will continue this season.

It's every racers responsibilty to have a clear understanding of the classes and the rules in which they are participating in, it is FSAs responsibilty to enforce them.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm

I don't race to be KOTH. So it's not everyones ultimate goal. I race to be the fastest in my class and having Fun. A free entry fee for the winner would be nice and having sprtm KOTH would be cool. Dl700 do you have a bike to enter the under650 sumo class? Hey Tom I think you should play the national anthem at every race right before the rumble starts?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:09 pm
SITE ADMIN

I don't race to be KOTH. So it's not everyones ultimate goal. I race to be the fastest in my class and having Fun. A free entry fee for the winner would be nice and having sprtm KOTH would be cool. Dl700 do you have a bike to enter the under650 sumo class? Hey Tom I think you should play the national anthem at every race right before the rumble starts?

We have talked about playing the national anthem and agree with you, it should be done.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:49 pm

no under 650 stuff in our crew right now only over 650 stuff... id like the sumo classes pitted against each other though..

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:36 pm

kinda seems like a waste of time...the old way with one class did that..now there are 2 classes for sumo...so they would have to run 650 UNDER AND OVER. THEN A 3rd race too combined? That just seems like alot of fat guy racing to determine the fastest fatty imo

Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:12 am

Yeah but it seems like a waste of time to even spit up the sumo class, How many bikes actually run that class 3-6 bike consistently. They should stay combined to have a good amount of racer in the class. Also free entry to the winner to the following races would attract more racers and more of a following.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:50 am
SITE ADMIN

The whole reason the Sumo class was split to an Under and Over was because racers were complaining about them being combined, now you want them back together? I can't win....lol

Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:54 pm

It's funny how some of the people that complain don't even race that class. The split is fine.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:13 pm

haha yeah tom you cant win..Its almost impossible to make everyone happy. :mrgreen: . Dennis I agree with you. I was saying that having a 3rd race doesnt make sense because that was the reason the classes were split to begin with. People wanted an over and under. If a 3rd race is made then why even split the classes to begin with. You could get it all done in one shot like the way it used to be. That was my point,ehh I think,lol

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:24 pm

I think splitting sumo class is a good idea....... big blocks have an advantage in the cc department . it might make the classes smaller ,but it would be more even and fair racing , IMOP.

even tho..... i know some of the small blocks hold their own very good.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next